- To preserve and operate the street cars of The Arizona Street Railway Museum (dba Phoenix Trolley Museum) as a living example of a traditional trolley service.
- To preserve, construct, acquire, and restore appropriate facilities, rolling stock, and equipment for the operation and demonstration of the Arizona Street Railway in a manner representative of the traditional electric trolley service.
- To provide a family-oriented, educational and historical environment for the general public to experience the impact and importance of this form of transportation in everyday life in early urban America. This will be conveyed by showcasing artifacts, developing interpretive exhibits and materials, and holding special events.
- To provide the means for visitors to recognize and understand the importance of the electric trolley and the social and economic development of this region, and the inception of associated utilities, services, and industries.
- To provide for the stable and continuing long-term availability of financial resources for the preservation and restoration of the Museum’s assets, including the electric railway, rolling stock, facilities, equipment, exhibits, and visitor amenities through admissions, fares, sales revenues, grants, and an endowment.
Adopted by the Board of Directors, on October 1st, 1979